Fly with Icelandair to Boston and experience the inspiring port of Massachusetts and one of America´s most popular and unique destinations.
Boston - unique and popular
Unique and popular is an understatement. This city played a big part in American history but has at the same time „an European character“. Boston is a city to love and can be visited all year round. It has pleasant temperatures during summer and while its a little bit chilly in the winter you won´t even notice, since the city is so full of live.
A flight to the main capital of massachusetts
A short description like this hardly does justice to all the great places which a flight to Boston with Icelandair will bring you, but to name a few: Charles Street near Beacon Hill which is known for its antique shops. Baseball fans can learn all about the Boston Red Sox, Fenway Park Stadium is situated close to downtown Boston.
Boston, which is the main capital of Massachusetts, is situated in breathtaking hilly scenery, covered with forests. From the city you can easily take a half or a whole day guided tour and visit places like Salem, Cape Cod and Martha´s Vineyard. Also in the vicinity of Boston, in Cambridge to be precise, lies Harvard University on the banks of Charles River.
Good to know
- Flights to Boston with Icelandair arrive at the Logan International Airport, just 6 km northeast of Boston city center.
- Subways travel to and from the airport and centre (blue route) and then there is also buses and cabs.
- All rental car companies are located in the new Rental Car Center at Boston Logan International Airport. Take the Rental Car Center Shuttle from the baggage claim arrivals level in all terminals to the Rental Car Center.
- Hungry? Inquire about No.9Park, one of Boston’s top gourmet restaurants, Craigi St.Bistro with a French theme, Kashmir, top notch Indian, Hungry 1, French and romantic, Tapeo, great for Tapas, The Saint, one of Boston’s most popular, Via Matta for Italian and Great Bay for seafood deluxe. A particularly good spot for lunch is the Armani Café.
- Need to shop? Inquire about Newbury Street, Gap and Banana Republic at South Market, Basement at Washington Street, Cambridge Galeria, outside Boston center, Prudential Center, Louise Boston for mens wear and Washington Street for various stores, among them Macy’s and Filens.