Baggage admitted for carriage as passenger's baggage may only contain such articles necessary for wear, use, comfort or convenience in connection with the trip. For security reasons articles such as those listed below shall not be carried in passengers cabin baggage.
- Guns, firearms and other devices capable, or appearing capable, of being used to cause serious injury by discharging a projectile.
- Stunningdevices designed specifically to stun or immobilize.
- Objects with a sharp point or sharp edge capable of being used to cause serious injury.
- Workmen’stools capable of being used either to cause serious injury or to threaten the safety of aircraft.
- Blunt instrumentscapable of being used to cause serious injury when used to hit.
- Explosives and incendiary substances and devices capable, or appearing capable, of being used to cause serious injury or to pose a threat to the safety of aircraft.
The following items are not permitted in hold baggage:
- Explosives and incendiary substances and devices capable of being used to cause serious injury or to pose a threat to the safety of aircraft.
For safety reasons articles such as those listed below shall not be carried in passengers cabin/hold baggage without the consent of Icelandair and prior arrangement. Note: The items must in general be shipped as cargo.
- CORROSIVES such as mercury, acids, alkalis, mercury and wet cell batteries.
- COMPRESSED GASES (deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous)such as butane, oxygen, propane and aqualung cylinders.
- INFECTIOUS SUBSTANCES such as bacteria and viruses.
- POISONS such as insecticides, herbicides, arsenic and cyanides.
- RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL
- EXPLOSIVES OF ANY KIND such as fireworks, flares, ammunition and firearms.
- OXIDISING MATERIALS & ORGANIC PEROXIDES such as bleaches and fibre glass repair kits.
- FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS AND SOLIDS such as lighter or heater fuels, cleaning spirits, paint, and all MATCHES.
- MEDICINAL AND TOILET ARTICLES may be carried in small quantities.
- SAFETY MATCHES may be carried on the person.
- BRIEFCASES AND ATTACHÉ CASES with installed alarm devices containing lithium batteries and/or pyrotechnic devices.
- SPORTING AMMUNITION up to 5 kg (11 lbs) may be carried, properly boxed, in checked baggage.
- LITHIUM ION BATTERY-POWERED PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION DEVICES, including hoverboards, balance wheels and scooters.
Traveling with electronic cigarettes
In accordance with Icelandic Law, smoking is prohibited on board aeroplanes departing to and from Iceland. The use of Electronic cigarettes is prohibited on board Icelandair aeroplanes as Nicotine is a highly addictive and toxic substance, and the inhalation of propylene glycol is a known irritant.
LIQUIDS, AEROSOLS, OR GELS (LAGs)
Are any gels, pastes, lotions, liquid/solid mixtures, or the contentsof any pressurized containers. Examples of LAG´s include, butare not limited to, alcoholic beverages, toothpastes, hair gel,beverages, soups, syrups, perfume, shaving foam, aerosols,and other items of similar consistency.
EACH INDIVIDUAL CONTAINER MAY NOT HAVE VOLUME CAPACITY THAT EXCEEDS 100 MILLILITRES
And the combined volume of LAGs cannot exceed 1 liter. The LAGs must be presented in one transparent re-sealable plastic bag of a capacity not exceeding 1 liter.
The following exceptions may be made to the 100ml/1L rule:
- LAG‘s that are baby food or baby milk: This exception is only permitted if you are travelling with a baby or infant. Please carry only what is needed for the journey.
If you are not travelling with a baby or infant, excess liquids should be carried as hold baggage.
- LAG‘s that are required for medical purposes or special dietary requirements, i.e. prescribed medicines: You are only permitted to carry quantities of liquid medication in excess of your personal liquid allowance if it is needed in-flight.
All medication should be accompanied by a prescription or doctor‘s certificate confirming that they are needed in-flight.
Liquid medication that is not required in-flight should be carried as hold luggage.
Lithium Batteries Restrictions
When carrying spare lithium batteries for laptops and/or anyspare fuel cells and cartridges for the powering of electronicdevices for cameras, cellphones, laptops and camcorders,the items must be carried in carry-on baggage. If your carry-onbaggage is removed from the cabin and stowed in the hold you must declare such items before removal.