From $175 per person
Level of biking: Moderate (25 km/15.5 miles of biking on mostly paved roads) Join this scheduled tour which includes all three highlights of the south west of Iceland — Geysir geothermal area, Gullfoss Golden waterfall and Thingvellir Parliament plains — and enjoy a bike ride at the same time. Enjoy slow travel and in touching and smelling nature from the saddle of a bicycle instead of rushing by in a motorcoach. Depart Reykjavik at 1 PM and drive across a mountain pass and lavafield.
The first stop of the day is at Gullfoss waterfall (Golden waterfall) where there's good time to enjoy the waterfall and get ready for your first bicycle ride. You’ll ride about 10 km (6 miles) along a paved secondary road. You’ll enjoy the view of typical Icelandic countryside and farm animals as well as Langjokull glacier on a clear day.
After watching a spouting spring at the word famous Geysir hot spring area (admission not included), head for the Parliament plains – Iceland’s most historic place, geological wonder and national park which was added to UNESCO’s World Heritage List in 2004.
You’ll ride about 15 km (10 miles) from a mountain pass and into the national park. Then pedal along the shores of the Parliament Lake to the site of the ancient parliament held for the first time in AD 930
After a short coffee break at the park’s Campsite Service Center (not included in price) drive back to Reykjavik, arriving around dinner time.
Transfers not included. Meet guide and bikes at Elding Whalewatching, Ægisgarður 7 101 Reykjavík. Meet no later than12:45 pm
Wear: wind and rain proof outerwear and outdoor shoes for biking.
1. Biking in Thingvellir National Park
2. Cyclist near river in Golden Circle Region
3. Cyclist group near Thingvallavatn, Iceland's largest lake
4. Bicycling near the Geysir geothermal area
5. Group cycling in countryside near the Golden Circle region
- Transfers to starting point of tour Meet guide and bikes at Elding Whalewatching, Ægisgarður 7 101 Reykjavík. Meet no later than12:45 pm
- No hotel pickup/dropoff for hotels outside of Reykjavik
- No refund for unused servces or land arrangements once tour starts