Price: $130 per person; June 1, 2016 - May 31, 2017
$176 per person; June 1, 2017 - May 31, 2018
Departures: Daily; 9am
NOTE: Hotel pick-ups begin 30 minutes before scheduled tour departure.
Please be ready in time for your pick up in front of your hotel.
Duration: 9 hours
Tour Code: SRE/74
This daily tour of the Golden Circle and visit to the Fontana geothermal baths is a wonderful combination of scenic natural wonders, history and relaxation. You'll visit three of Iceland´s most famous places; Gullfoss waterfall, Thingvellir national park, and starting off with the Geysir hot spring area, which also includes a multimedia show that dives deeper into the local geysir activities. You'll also make a short stop in town to enjoy the unique Icelandic tradition of homemade rye bread that has been naturally baked underground in a steam oven. Afterwards you'll head down to the lakeside to enjoy the recently-renovated natural steam baths. Located in the summer holiday region of Laugarvatn, the Fontana includes three geothermally heated baths, a sauna, a warm sand beach, and access to the pristine waters of Lake Laugarvatn. A visit to the open air baths will also give you the opportunity to experience the beautiful countryside with its mountains, lakes and lava fields.
For passengers with early morning arrivals in Iceland on flights from North America, this tour is NOT recommended as passengers generally arrive at their hotel around 8am, and any delays could cause you to miss the tour departure. Icelandair cannot reimburse passengers for unused portions of a package or land only travel once travel starts. Also, please be sure to bring your swimsuit and a towel.
- Click on the gold "Book Now" button above, then select your arrival date & and the number nights of Iceland, then find this add-on under 'Nature Tours' on the following screen
- If your booking is not in conjunction with a previously booked Fly & Hotel vacation package, be sure to provide the name of your hotel when prompted during the booking process
- After submitting your payment details, a confirmation will be sent to the email address provided at the time of booking
1 The hot-spring fed Laugarvatn lake at the steambaths 2 Relaxing in the geothermal pool at the steambaths 3 Thingvellir National Park 4 Gullfoss, the Golden Waterfalls
- Pick-up and drop-off between your Reykjavik hotel and the tour (this tour will not pick up passengers staying at hotels outside of Reykjavik)
- Guided tour per itinerary
- Admission to Fontana Geothermal Baths
- Meals during tour
- Towel and swimsuit at Fontana Geothermal Baths (rentals available)
- Please note this tour will not pick up passengers staying at hotels outside of Reykjavik
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Boat tour not included in April departures due to the amount of ice on the lagoon
- All inquiries on change or cancellation requests must be sent to email@example.com
- Full Icelandair package terms and conditions can be found here