Price: $153 per person; September 15, 2016 - April 15, 2017
$153 per person; May 15, 2017 - May 31, 2017
$204 per person; June 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
$204 per person; September 1, 2017 - April 15, 2018
FREE; children 11 and under traveling with an adult
Departures: Daily; 6pm
NOTE: Hotel pick-ups begin 30 minutes before scheduled tour departure.
Please be ready in time for your pick up in front of your hotel.
Duration: 6 hours
Tour Code: SRE/64a (Warm Baths & Cool Lights; September 1, 2017 - April 15, 2018)
SRE/64b (Relaxing Under the Midnight Sun; May 15 - July 31, 2017)
Note: The summer version of this tour is called "Relaxing Under the Midnight Sun", with all other
dates under the name "Warm Bath and Cool Lights"
Enjoy a relaxing evening enjoying the uniquely Icelandic combination of the local hot springs and the cool northern lights. You'll depart Reykjavik in the evening and head for Laugarvatn, a charming town nestled in a hot-spring valley. Those very hot springs are used to heat the homes and provide hot running water for the town residents, and for healthy relaxing steambaths. The town is also the site of the newly renovated Fontana Geothermal Baths, located near a hot-spring fed lake. While nature prepares to color the sky with the magical northern lights, you'll enjoy relaxing in Fontana´s open air geothermal baths, including the natural steambath facilities, geothermal hot tubs & pools, and a Finnish sauna. You can even take a dip in the nearby lake! After your refreshing spa experience, enjoy the spa restaurant's buffet-style dinner featuring tasty Icelandic delicacies. Please note alcoholic beverages and soft drinks not included in buffet price but are available for purchase at restaurant. Refreshed in body and spirit, you'll cap your evening adventure off with a hunt for the northern lights. If weather conditions are right, you'll enjoy the show of a lifetime as you experience the northern lights dancing in the sky.
Be sure to keep in mind of course that the northern lights are a natural phenomenon and sightings, therefore, cannot be guaranteed, including due to inclement weather conditions. Refunds or reductions in price are not granted if they are not seen the evening of your northern lights hunt. This tour is not recommended for very young children due to the late night nature of the trip. Please also remember to dress for cold weather by wearing warm, layered clothing, including rain and wind-proof outerwear to shield yourself from the elements. Also, please be sure to bring your swimsuit and a towel for your visit to the Fontana Geothermal Baths.
- Click on the gold "Book Now" button above, then select your arrival date & and the number nights of Iceland, then find this add-on on the following screen under 'Northern Lights' for Warm Baths & Cool Lights (Fall, Winter, Spring), and 'Hot Springs' for Relaxing Under the Midnight Sun (Summer)
- If your booking is not in conjunction with a previously booked Fly & Hotel vacation package, be sure to provide the name of your hotel when prompted during the booking process
- After submitting your payment details, a confirmation will be sent to the email address provided at the time of booking
- Pick-up and drop-off between your Reykjavik hotel and the tour (this tour will not pick up passengers staying at hotels outside of Reykjavik)
- Guided bus trip
- Local-style Icelandic buffet
- Admission to Laugarvatn Fontana Geothermal Baths
- Swimsuit and towel. Rentals are available at the venue
- Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks during dinner (available for purchase at the restaurant)
- Please note this tour will not pick up passengers staying at hotels outside of Reykjavik
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Northern lights sightings are not guaranteed. No refund or reduction in price if northern lights are not seen during tour
- Not recommended for very young children due to the late night nature of the tour
- All inquiries on change or cancellation requests must be sent to email@example.com
- Full Icelandair package terms and conditions can be found here