Price: $285 per person; January 1 - September 30, 2017
NOTE: Tour not suitable for children 13 years old and younger
Departures: 10am, 12pm; January 1 - March 31
8am, 12pm; April 1 - May 14, 2017
8am, 3pm; May 15 - September 30, 2017
NOTE: Hotel pick-ups begin 30 minutes before scheduled tour departure.
Please be ready in time for your pick up in front of your hotel.
Duration: 4 - 6 hours
Tour Code: AH/72
If you're interested in seeing an underwater side of Iceland, then this tour is for you! Snorkel in one of the world's top ten diving sites, the Silfra fissure in Thingvellir National Park. Silfra is positioned between the Eurasian and American tectonic plates, which is slowly drifting apart at a rate of approximately three millimeters each year. The chance to snorkel between two continents in startlingly clear water has made Silfra one of the world's top ten sites for diving, and because of the mild current, you'll be able to swim in the fissure with little effort. During the dive you'll be accompanied by a PADI Dive master or PADI instructor. This tour is suitable for all abilities of snorkelers in reasonable physical shape, including beginners whom are welcome, with the guides teaching everything you'll need to know for safe enjoyment of your dive. Included in the tour is all necessary equipment in standard sizes: dry suit, snorkeling mask, and foot fins.
This tour requires a minimum of two passengers for the tour to operate, and is not recommended for children 13 and under. For passengers with early morning arrivals in Iceland on flights from North America, this tour is not recommended as passengers generally arrive at their hotel around 8am, and any delays could cause you to miss the tour departure. The afternoon departure is a great option for those looking to take this tour on their arrival day. Icelandair cannot reimburse passengers for unused portions of a package or land only travel once travel starts. Be advised of course that since this is a diving tour, those taking part in this tour should be comfortable with the bare minimum of floating in water, and it is strongly recommended that participants know how to swim. Also, remember to dress for cold weather by wearing warm layered clothing, including long underwear, rain and wind-proof outerwear to shield yourself from the elements, as well as an extra set of clothes as you may find it comfortable to change after your dive. Be sure to bring your own water bottle to stay hydrated, as well as snacks, and a swimsuit & towel.
- Click on the gold "Book Now" button above, then select your arrival date & and the number nights of Iceland, then find this add-on under 'Adventure Activities' on the following screen
- If your booking is not in conjunction with a previously booked Fly & Hotel vacation package, be sure to provide the name of your hotel when prompted during the booking process
- After submitting your payment details, a confirmation will be sent to the email address provided at the time of booking
1 Snorkeling at Silfra fissure in Thingvellir National Park 2 Silfra fissure in Thingvellir National Park
- Pick-up and drop-off between your Reykjavik hotel and the tour (this tour will not pick up passengers staying at hotels outside of Reykjavik)
- Guided bus trip
- Required snorkeling gear (dry suit, snorkeling mask, foot fins)
- Meals and refreshments in tour other than those mentioned in itinerary
- Please note this tour will not pick up passengers staying at hotels outside of Reykjavik
- Not available for children 13 years old and younger
- Minimum of two passengers required to guarantee operation of tour
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- All inquiries on change or cancellation requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Icelandair package terms and conditions can be found here